perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Lawrence" <...@Lawrence.Net>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0 for ISPs
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:13:53 GMT
Another point that was mentioned by someone in my local Mongers group
was that of different INC paths for different sets of users. I confess not
have given this much thought but upon initial thinking it seems that if
different users want to have isolated local modules (differing versions
of the same module comes to mind...or just general privacy).

I am not sure if it is easy to achieve this level of compartementalization
or not...but I guess an ISP would insist on that sort of thing.

Fundamentally a separate memory space for each virtual server. Ugh,
I don't like the sound of that.