perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: modperl-2 tests on Win32
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:28:09 GMT
On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Randy Kobes wrote:

> There is a blib/lib/Lib.pm, which is identical to
> blib/lib/APR/Lib.pm. I think what's happened is that the
> Makefile.PL in WrapXS/APR/ sees a 'Lib' subdirectory, and,
> ignoring the case, treats it like a 'lib' subdirectory and
> dutifully copies the files in WrapXS/APR/Lib to blib/lib. I
> wasn't aware before that these shouldn't be copied there .. I
> guess one solution is to write a MY::libscan to prevent this?

ah, that makes sense.  i don't really like the name APR::Lib anyhow,
thinking changing it to APR::Util would be the right thing todo.
because even if we fixup the test %INC, Lib.pm would still get installed
in the wrong place.

> This would be neat, but I think Win9? is still too dumb
> to understand this ... The '&&' does work for simple
> things like
>     cd .. && dir
> but the problem with the above in the Makefile is that it treats
> the '&&' as a source file argument to 'cl'. It may be possible to

i was suggesting we change the '&&' to ';', does that not work either?

> Just for future reference, on Win32 $^O is 'MSWin32'; to tell the
> difference between Win9? and NT one can use Win32::IsWin95()
> [true for Win9?] and Win32::IsWinNT() [true for NT and 2K],
> which come with the Win32 module.

ok, thanks.