perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: PerlIOAPR_tell problem found
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:20:06 GMT
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> So shell we put your last temp patch in before we get this done, and
> turn the todo sub-test normal? Or should we just get the ground ready
> for Apache::PerlIO?

can't just put the patch in since flags will be different on certain
platforms.  and for optimal performance with ithreads, one would disable
largefile support in perl.  anyhow, there is a workaround in now.

> Also what happens if we want to use some of the perlio features in core?

the only thing we need to be careful of is when a function of ours that
returns Off_t is called by perl.  so inside libmodperl.so or outside, we'd
need the same #include modperl_largefiles.h in the file that contains the
Off_t return and not in files that dereference the request_rec.