perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <>
Subject Re: passing through an existing from xs
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:25:47 GMT
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
> I see what you mean. A module APR::Foo can be used outside of Apache if
> it doesn't use any ap_ functins. But for example $r->subprocess_env
> needs $r, which is Apache::Request. Doesn't it tie the module to Apache?

huh?  no.

> Otherwise how do you get subprocess_env?

my $table = $r->subprocess_env;

where the C prototype underneath APR::foo is:
void apr_foo(apr_table_t *table);

outside of httpd:

my $pool = APR::Pool->new;
my $table = APR::Table::make($pool, 10);

while (my($key,$val) = each %ENV) {
    $table->set($key, $val);

if that doesn't help or make sense, give me more context.  what is the C
prototype of the function that needs r->subprocess_env?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message