perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [patch] PerlIO layer for APR
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 19:55:51 GMT
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> no more dTHXs in APR PerlIO layer (at least so far), but they are used
> internally in the base PerlIO layer to do XS.

right.  but if that perl function took a pTHX_ (like many of the
others do) then there would be no need for dTHX;

>>> todo, I guess I need to provide an XS constant that says whether
> PerlIO is available, right?

you can do this now:
plan tests => $tests, have_perl 'iolayers';

> +    st->pool = modperl_global_get_pconf();

hope you can find a good solution for this problem.  aside from not being
able to use pconf after startup time, we cannot reference that function
else APR::PerlIO will not work outside of httpd.

> +void apr_perlio_BOOT(pTHX)

minor nit: would rather have that called apr_perlio_initialize()
or apr_perlio_init().  BOOT just happens to be when we call it in xs, not
what it actually does.

looks good, +1 on committing.  other issues can be worked out later.