perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: current 'make test' status
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 04:52:03 GMT
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Ok, so with the latest workaround the normal run of 'make test' succeeds
> on my machine. But, if I stress-test, I see segfaults:
>
> % ./t/TEST -order=random -times=5

i had looked at this a few times before and nothing clicked.  then i hit
again today writing the lookup_uri2 test.  the problem was triggered by
Apache::Test::init_test_pm() which would tie STDOUT only if it wasn't tied
already.  but then never untie it.  so the next time around an old
request_rec was being used, which had already been destroyed.  this is
fixed now and the stress test above passes.
fun to watch it happen, the -order -times stuff is way cool stas!