perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <>
Subject Re: Question : threads and locking?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 04:23:05 GMT
i forgot to point out the biggest problem: since all per-server data is
shared between threads, regardless of locking, changing the value of
something like ap_document_root changes it for all threads.  not just the
current process/request, the way it was in 1.3.
so we can't really support modification of things like ap_document_root at
request time, unless the mpm is prefork.  we could support modification
of modperl per-server data by using r->request_config in the same way
push_handlers etal. is implemented.  but it is not possible to use this
approach for anything outside of modperl (ap_document_root for example).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message