perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: current 'make test' status
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 06:05:57 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Ok, so with the latest workaround the normal run of 'make test' succeeds
>>on my machine. But, if I stress-test, I see segfaults:
>>
>>% ./t/TEST -order=random -times=5
>>

> i had looked at this a few times before and nothing clicked.  then i hit
> again today writing the lookup_uri2 test.  the problem was triggered by
> Apache::Test::init_test_pm() which would tie STDOUT only if it wasn't tied
> already.  but then never untie it.  so the next time around an old
> request_rec was being used, which had already been destroyed.  this is
> fixed now and the stress test above passes.
> fun to watch it happen, the -order -times stuff is way cool stas!

nice, but apparently it's not the only problem. Run:

   t/TEST -order=random -times=5

with sid 170482341 and there are loads of failures including a core dump.

since -order=random is random, it's possible that the tests will pass
one time but not another. Therefore I think to get a better chance of
various order coverage, we need to run -times=100 and more.

This particular sequence that I've reported before still deterministicly
fails with a core dump:

   t/TEST modperl/exit filter/input_msg modperl/exit