perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl modperl_config.c
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 04:11:17 GMT
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> which as we have discussed is not what we want, since we don't want all
> the data from the two. The overlay structure should override the base
> structure if the same key exists in both. I guess I should put a better
> comment in place.

ok, remind me why we don't want all the data from the two then.
or let me ask differently: why do we want to be different from 1.x?
and most important: how do you know this will not break 1.x code?

seems to me PerlAddVars should be merged the same as they are in 1.x.
if you're only using PerlSetVar, add will still override base, since the
add entry is there first, which is what scalar $r->dir_config->get('key')
will return.