perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Sanity check: statically linking binary extensions like GD in to httpd
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:25:04 GMT
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Barrie Slaymaker wrote:

>    ./perlmain.o: In function `xs_init':
>    ./perlmain.o(.text+0x9f): undefined reference to `boot_libapreq'

haven't had a change to digest all this, but you should rm the libapreq.a
from your site_perl tree to fix this problem.

as for linking libpng.a instead of libpng.so, you can try linker flags
such as: -Bstatic -lpng -Bdynamic
-Bstatic for everything hasn't worked for me in the past, i think the
above will only link libpng static.  or, create a directory without the
.so', like /usr/local/lib/static  and symlink your *.a's into there, and
use -L/usr/local/lib/static -lpng -lfoo