perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: porting core modules
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:12:00 GMT
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> todo/missing_old_features.txt is talking about these not ported yet core
> modules:
>
> - Apache::File, Apache::Util
>
> can I start porting these? Or do you have some special plans about these?
>
> Also the todo file says:
>
> - see also: xs/maps/apache_functions.map
>
> what about iã™®
the functions from 1.x Apache::Util are in apache_functions.map, but
probably live in different places now and might have different arguments.
needs some Apache::compat stubbing so the 1.x Apache::Util usage works.

all of the ap_ functions that were in the 1.x Apache::File live in
different places now, so Apache::compat just needs to 'use' the modules
with those functions.   the Apache::File::{new,open} methods should be
deprecated (now that we have 'open my $fh, ...'), but stubs put in
Apache::compat.