perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject un-acceptable function prototypes in Wrap/XS?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:58:43 GMT
I've learned that WRAP/XS cannot handle 'char **' prototypes. It just
steps over the function.

I still wasn't able to user the same workaround used for
modperl_bucket_read. Any solutions for that? I'm trying to generate XS
for the function of this type:

int mpxs_Apache__Foo_test(const char **argv);

if I pass 'AV', what's the easy way to convert it to 'char **', the
default typemap is supposed to do that as T_PACKEDARRAY XS type. Should
I call:

T_PACKEDARRAY
         $var = XS_unpack_$ntype($arg)

Are there any other "invalid" prototypes and workarounds for these
documented somewhere? At least if the function is rejected is it
possible to print a warning or something?

Thanks.