perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject profiling mod_perl DSO?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:23:00 GMT
I've recompiled httpd with CFLAGS=-pg and mod_perl MP_CCOPTS='-pg'. I
can see the profile of httpd but not a single function from
libmodperl.so. Should I do something special, because it's DSO?

After running 't/TEST -d' / 't/TEST -run' I get:
/home/stas/apache.org/mp-subproc/t/htdocs/gmon.out
/home/stas/apache.org/mp-subproc/t/gmon.out
/home/stas/apache.org/mp-subproc/gmon.out

with mostly I think real data in t/htdocs/gmon.out

when I run gprof on these I don't see modperl calls profiled.

Why am I profiling? I've figured by trial and error that about 15 secs
are spent in one require (see my previous post), I still miss 30 secs
somewhere spent by gdb, I thought that the profiler will be the best
tool to use to figure it out.

I think that disabling GTOP have improved the speed as well. Don't have
the numbers yet.