perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl modperl_config.c
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 04:18:36 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>which as we have discussed is not what we want, since we don't want all
>>the data from the two. The overlay structure should override the base
>>structure if the same key exists in both. I guess I should put a better
>>comment in place.
>>

> ok, remind me why we don't want all the data from the two then.
> or let me ask differently: why do we want to be different from 1.x?
> and most important: how do you know this will not break 1.x code?
>
> seems to me PerlAddVars should be merged the same as they are in 1.x.
> if you're only using PerlSetVar, add will still override base, since the
> add entry is there first, which is what scalar $r->dir_config->get('key')
> will return.

I said:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=100169675916552&w=2

You replied:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=100169883124652&w=2

The whole thread is here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=100167436200003&w=2&r=1

The gist of things is that 1.x has a broken Perl(Set|Add)Var
merging/overriding logic and we better fix it, rather than keep it.