perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/tables/current/ModPerl
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:41:40 GMT
> maybe what we should do is have Apache->server_root_relative that behaves
> just like 1.x in Apache::compat and have 2.0's function be named
> Apache::server_root() which returns ap_server_root if fname == NULL and
> calls ap_server_root_relative() otherwise.  this would also fix the
> current compat problem that 2.0's Apache::server_root_relative doesn't
> support Apache->server_root_relative.

then you will write code like:

   $conf_dir = Apache::server_root('conf');

does it look good to you? It doesn't to me, since you loose the _relative...

It's easy to change server_root_relative, to optionally (via ref check)
accept a class ref as a first argument. Is there something wrong with it?

And then simply provide server_root() which just returns the root.

Stas Bekman             JAm_pH      --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker      mod_perl Guide

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message