perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:33:32 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>I've tested, it has a trailing /
>>

> then changing it to not have a trailing / could break people's
> existing code.
>

>>Do you think this patch makes sense? or should this be handled on the
>>apr_filepath_merge level?
>>

> no, ap_server_root_relative() shouldn't be changed at all, c modules
> already have access to ap_server_root if they need it.  we could change
> mpxs_ap_server_root_relative() to return ap_server_root if fname == NULL,
> i just worry about what 1.x code out there that depends on the trailing /

ok, that sounds good. I say we should change it. My reasoning is that
the API never defined the case where fname==NULL, so it wasn't a part of
  the public API and users weren't supposed to use this method with
fname==NULL => we can safely add this to the API.

In any case if some code goes broken, the fix is just to add /.

BTW, we can also expose ap_server_root and then the problem is fixed as
well.