perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Question : threads and locking?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:57:10 GMT
Looking thru the todo/api.txt file, I noticed a few items that
are stuck in read-only mode, because thread locking is needed if
changing them.

I already have something in the works, but my question is that under
a non-threaded model, like prefork, all that is uesless, right? So,
what's the nice way for me to go on and write thread mutex stuff
that will only happen when running under threads ?

My knoledge of the configure/build system is quite limited....

--
Philippe M. Chiasson  <gozer@cpan.org>
  Extropia's Resident System Guru

/* When we have more time, we can teach the penguin to say
  * "By your command" or "Activating turbo boost, Michael".
  */
	-- Linux	2.2.16
	/usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/prom/sun4prom.c

perl -e '$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P26,pack(L,$$));/^Just Another Perl Hacker!\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'