perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: [gozer@cpan.org: Smoke 12961 (Linux 2.4.9-7 i686)]
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:37:15 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 12:41:22PM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:

> >>So probably a similar suite but explicitly for mod_perl would be nice.
> >>

> > Oh, not at all. I am running smoke tests on my own computer, and I just
> > figured that I could hack up the p5p smoke test script and adapt it
> > to inculde mod_perl  build & tests.
> >
> > But since there are only a handfull of people working on mod_perl right now,
> > would it really be THAT usefull?  If so, I'll try to hack it up soon, otherwise
> > back to todo/api.txt ;-)
>
> If it's not much of an effort I think this would be very timely, since
> 5.8 is knocking on the door. But I understand that the smoke test is a
> hack (per your own words) and changing all the time, so how hard would
> it be to keep up with the changes.

Actually, it's a lot better now, and I think I could sort it out quite
easily in my spare time on the plane between Singapore & KL ;-p

I'll check it out and if I realize it's _way_ to much work, I'll just
stop.  How's that ?

--
Philippe M. Chiasson  <gozer@cpan.org>
  Extropia's Resident System Guru

/* When we have more time, we can teach the penguin to say
  * "By your command" or "Activating turbo boost, Michael".
  */
	-- Linux	2.2.16
	/usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/prom/sun4prom.c

perl -e '$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P26,pack(L,$$));/^Just Another Perl Hacker!\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'