perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject generating consts
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:40:47 GMT
Hi,

after having lots of iteration to get the RecDescent parser to not only
most, but all of the Apache functions/structures parsered I am now moveing
to the code generation side. This part I already have abtracted in a common
base class and a mod_perl specifiy one which inherits from this base. After
being successfull for functions and structures I noticed that the constants
files are _not_ created by WrapXS, but during run of Makefile.PL. For usage
of the tool outside of modperl, it would be necessary to create these
constant files also from WrapXS. What's the reason that this isn't the case
?

Addtionaly I like to modify the format of ConstantsTable.pm to be in the
same format as the other tables, which means a simple array with hash
references. Also the assignmenet to group and class should not be done
during source parsing, but should go into an additional map file. What do
you think ?

Gerald