perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <>
Subject Re: moving modperl-site rep into modperl-docs rep
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2001 15:22:01 GMT
> Well, the code is quite crude yet, and it's hard to modularize before
> you know what to plan for, but yes the rendering engine is a separate
> thing. So after generalizing it and making it pluggable it should be
> possible to use other rendering modules.

I will take a look at it when you release it

> Say, do you plan on static output from Embperl or only dynamic for
> embperl docs? It doesn't make much sense to serve static content
> dynamically, resource wise of course.

Most things will be static and pregenerated, like you plan it for the
mod_perl site. There maybe a small dynamic part, where people are able to
add links, examples, news etc.

> BTW, what's the source format that you use for embperl?

Everything is in POD, because it really the best and easiest way to write it

>  may be it can
> just plug into the docset system, and then we can keep it under the same
> roof.

I would be happy if we keep it under the same roof. I don't like to reinvent
the wheel, but I like to have the possibility to make my own design and use
Embperl for rendering, instead of TT. Hopefully there are also some aspects
in things that I programm that will be usefull for the modperl site.

E-Mail:         Voice:    +49 6133 925131
WWW:      Fax:      +49 6133 925152

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message