perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: PerlSetEnv/PerlPassEnv questions
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 02:19:22 GMT
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > I'm working on implementing PerlSetEnv/PerlPassEnv right now.
> >
> > 1. I see that SetEnv elem is missing from modperl_config_srv_t struct? I
> > can see it only in modperl_config_dir_t struct. Does that mean that we
> > cannot have a PerlSetEnv in httpd.conf's main level?
>
> that's how it is in 1.x, we can change for 2.0.

cool

> > 2. Regarding PerlPassEnv. It seems that currently *all* the enviroment
> > vars from shell are available at request time. At least that's what I see
> > when I run a test.
>
> they are not 'passed' so much as they are not yet 'cleared' from %ENV.

yup, I saw that later in 1.x sources. I don't think i've seen this todo
item in 2.x. probably need to add. Or should I implement it right away?

> > 3. I still have problem with automatic configuration generation from
> > within test's __DATA__ section. Consider that I want this to be
> > autogenerated from the test response file:
> >
> > PerlPassEnv HOME
> > <Location /TestDirective::perlpassenv>
> >    SetHandler modperl
> >    PerlResponseHandler TestDirective::perlpassenv
> > </Location>
>
> needs to be added to Apache::TestConfigPerl::outside_container.

ok

> > Is there a chance we can make things less magically DWIM and more
> > explicit DWIM?
>
> yeah, but rather than new syntax, i'd rather change it to how config is
> included from test.c modules.  the 'magic' in .pms was pretty much just to
> auto-add the <Location ...> for you.

what's .pms?

> i would be fine with backing out the
> current magic and just add support for:
> <Location>
> or
> <Location __PACKAGE__>

You mean to have no magic at all.

what about port issue for virtual hosts?

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/