perl-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Locating leaked scalars
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:06:08 GMT
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
> > > if you give me an idea of whats going on, i might be able to offer a
> > > suggestion for your particular case.  i have had success using purify,
> > > which requires Perl to be compiled with -DPURIFY, similar with insure++
> > > (another commercial tool).  i've never had success with any of the
> > > opensource tools.
> >
> > Rats, well I don't have time nor budget to buy purify right now.
>
> uhm, may be one of the nice users will borrow it to you, or sub-rent? You
> see if you'd a hammer and I needed it, won't you give it to me for a few
> hours? I don't see any problem for some of the guys to send it to you, if
> you promise to return it back without any scratches. I'm serious.
>
> So folks, if you have this kind of hammer and you don't mind to stay
> without it for a few hours, can you please FedEx it to Matt? All the
> shipment charges are guaranteed to be paid back, by having Matt fix the
> tool and for you to use it happily later on. Thanks so much!

Note that the problem is only with AxKit, not mod_perl, I think (and it
may be a 5.005 bug, I've yet to really test it hard). So let me at least
try the Devel::Peek method of debugging this, and if I'm still stuck I'll
come back here (besides, 1 or 2 scalars leaked per interpreter shut-down
isn't too bad :-)

--
<Matt/>

     \\//