perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Locating leaked scalars
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:55:22 GMT
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I found a post from you to Mosely a while back saying you'd tell him how
> to track down scalar leaks, but I can't find any follow up. Is there a
> way to do this that you know of, or is it a matter of firing up purify
> (which I don't have, but I hear there's a GNU version) or something?

url for that post?  there's no single way to track down a scalar leak.
if you give me an idea of whats going on, i might be able to offer a
suggestion for your particular case.  i have had success using purify,
which requires Perl to be compiled with -DPURIFY, similar with insure++
(another commercial tool).  i've never had success with any of the
opensource tools.