perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl modperl_types.h
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 05:35:08 GMT
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> That's the buffer size you have mentioned in your reply to my dual setup
> question?

yep.

> This solves the outgoing data server tieing. What about incoming traffic.
> Can we do the same for let's say files uploaded from slow clients? So the
> data gets buffered somewhere, while Perl interpreter is not used?
> Basically the idea is not to invoke the Perl interpreter before a certain
> amount (or all of it) of data has been read.

that's a different story.  we could have a C input filter that saves the
uploaded file to disk (or memory) before it is handed to a Perl handler.
and another filter inbetween so the data is read from the local source by
the Perl handler.  that would make it transparent so no special hooks are
required for Apache::Request or CGI.pm