perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: dual server setup with 2.0?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 05:26:56 GMT
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> cool! What about the upper limit, does Apache imposes some limit on the
> max buffer size. Is it a kernel setting or else?

shouldn't matter for the case we're talking about, mod_perl will have
released the interpreter that generated the output before the buffer is
sent down the filter chain.

> > MP_CCOPTS=-DMP_IOBUFSIZE=16384
>
> Isn't it confusing when you use MP_ options for Makefile.PL *and* CCOPTS?
> Looks like it'll be user-error-prone, or will it go away later on.

we could easily change it to just: MP_IOBUFSIZE=16384
or a PerlIoBufsize directive if we want to make it runtime configurable.
but lets worry about that later.