perl-dev mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Apache::SizeLimit patches
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:06:45 GMT
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Joshua Chamas wrote:
> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> >
> > if you and perrin want to take over as Apache::SizeLimit owners, that
> > would be fantastic.  for now you can submit patches to this list.  if
> > you want to maintain a version on cpan too, that would be fine.  the key
> > thing to keep in mind of course, is keep 'SizeLimit.pm' as small as
> > possible.  might worth splitting out into
> > Apache::SizeLimit::{linux,solaris,bsd}.pm sorta thing.
>

> Thanks Doug, nice to hear from you too!  Perrin's &
> my patches were different but did the same thing.
>
> If he doesn't want to submit his patches, I'll
> submit mine.  I don't know if he has cvs access,
> I don't that I am aware of.  I would be reluctant
> to take over maintenance of the package because
> I have a few as it is, so if Perrin is up for it,
> that would be great, but otherwise I'll step up.

I can take over SizeLimit.  I'll need CVS access.  I don't think there's a
need to keep a separate version on CPAN, as this module is not frequently
updated.

As for splitting it out into platform-dependent modules, I think it's a
bit early for that.  The platform dependent part of the code is very
small, and I could always use some trick like SelfLoader to save memory if
it gets too big.

- Perrin