perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: bugs with mod_perl
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:47:13 GMT
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Brian Aker wrote:

> Here is the problem. When PHP is installed with mod_perl, certain calls
> in mod_perl will cause the server to core (and this only happens with
> PHP, jserv, mod_roaming... the rest all work). You can simulate the
> behavior
> with Apache::Storage. For some reason, when mod_perl goes to access the
> module's config list inside of Apache, Apache cores. This was fixed a
> while ago and the fix was mentioned on slashdot. The problem seems to
> have
> returned though.

does Apache::Storage use directive handlers?  there is a known bug related
to that, tho i personally haven't been able to reproduce it yet.  and the
problem only shows up when other LoadModule's are configure.

> BTW Two other problems we know about. pnotes will not survive
> a subrequest call, and notes only does it every so often
> (even when the caller making the subrequest goes to copy the
> sub requested notes to the main request). The notes problem
> shows up with subrequests to / where it is turned into
> /index.pl (for example).

i don't think pnotes or notes should persist across subrequests.  you need
to force that with something like:

my $notes = ($r->main || $r)->notes;

$notes->set(foo => 'bar');
$notes->get('foo');