perl-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Apache::SizeLimit patches
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:33:22 GMT
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Joshua Chamas wrote:

> Hey Modperl Devs,
>
> Perrin & I have both contributed patches for Apache::SizeLimit.
> Both seem like good implementations resulting in the similar
> MAX_SHARED memory configs.  So who now integrates which
> into Apache::SizeLimit ??
>
> Another question ... should either Perrin or I take over the
> as the new module owner and contribute it to CPAN or modperl
> CVS?  Whoever owns it, be it dev@perl.apache.org, that address
> should be in the README.  Doug Baley clearly wants out, in this
> below email from him.  Thanks.

he is listed as the author, but no matter who the module "owner" is for
something that is shipped with the modperl distro, changes should be
discussed on this list or modperl@apache.org

if you and perrin want to take over as Apache::SizeLimit owners, that
would be fantastic.  for now you can submit patches to this list.  if
you want to maintain a version on cpan too, that would be fine.  the key
thing to keep in mind of course, is keep 'SizeLimit.pm' as small as
possible.  might worth splitting out into
Apache::SizeLimit::{linux,solaris,bsd}.pm sorta thing.