perl-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Looking for magic in Apache->request
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 19:41:21 GMT
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Ken Williams wrote:

> Dang.  So that would mean that in order to fix this, Apache->request($r)
> would have to accept an arbitrary scalar, not something automatically
> converted to an Apache object, right?

Right.

> And then there's the matter of how it should be stored...

I have a feeling it would be pretty much impossible (because everything
in XS in mod_perl expects just an SvIV that points to the apache object),
but maybe Doug has some ideas. It *might* be possible to change the
typemap to detect whether the thing is an "Apache" or a something else,
and do something specific, but I'm kinda just pointing in the dark.

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\