perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Inline.pm and the future of XS
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 02:42:39 GMT
Doug,

I was wondering whether you have looked at Inline.pm that allows you to
embed C/C++ directly into Perl. Would it make any sense to use it in
mod_perl sources, or is it easier for you to write directly in XS than C?

Would it make sense to let others who aren't familiar with XS to use it in
mod_perl core? Or it makes no difference since you need to know Perl guts
anyway, and once you know them XS is easy?

Also what's your take on XS in the future of Perl/mod_perl, do you think
it'll stick around, or is there going to be something else coming to
replace it.  I guess if I had the time to lurk around p5p I'd know the
answer...  Thanks...

I've just received an email from Brian Ingerson, Inline.pm has won the
first award at German Perl Workshop... :)

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/