perl-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Config directive segfaults
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:28:52 GMT
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>
> > This seems to fix it:
> > I'm not sure its the right fix, but my server doesn't segfault any more
>
> its not the right fix, as it looks like you've already discovered :)
> you should be able to get by for the moment with 1.24_01's
> Apache::ExtUtils.  unless you have LoadModule's configured, which is
> what the 1.25 change was try to fix.  i tried like hell on friday to
> reproduce the problem with 1.25's, but everything works fine for me.  i
> don't doubt the bug is there, i'll try again on another machine in the
> office tommorrow.  if you're up for it, could you see if the patch below
> (against 1.25) helps at all?

Damn I wish I could say yes :-( - I still get the segfaults. The only
thing that stops them is commenting out remove_module line.

If you can't find it, we'll get together at ApacheCon so you can debug it
direct on my box.

If it helps, here's my compile recipe:

 $ perl Makefile.PL \
 > EVERYTHING=1 \
 > USE_APACI=1 \
 > DYNAMIC=1 \
 > APACHE_PREFIX=/opt/apache \
 > APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12/src \
 > DO_HTTPD=1 \
 > APACI_ARGS="--enable-module=so --enable-shared=info  --enable-shared=proxy --enable-shared=rewrite
--enable-shared=log_agent"
 $ make
 $ su
 $ make install