perl-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Binary nulls in notes values
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:43:03 GMT
There doesn't appear to be a way to work with notes values that contain
binary nulls - we get the value out using newSVpv(sv, 0), which uses
strlen to calculate the length, which stops at the first null. I can't
find any way to get at the length of the value in a table.

Am I mistaken or is this intentional? Its a bit of a disaster for things
like Apache::Filter which might need to send (for example) DVI's which
contain multiple NULLs, and of course AxKit, which is how I discovered the
problem. I'm thinking of switching to pnotes instead.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **