perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: phases...
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 19:45:10 GMT

> do all mod_perl hooks correspond to apache hooks?

more or less..., CleanupHandler isn't quite an Apache Hook, but get's called
when Apache cleans up his request data.

>Do they have to?

mod_perl doesn't get control outside of a Apache hooks (and resource
cleanup). The only addtional possibility where mod_perl could step in, would
be to use Ralf Engelschalls EAPI. This provides some additional hooks, where
Apache modules can register handler for it, but it's not part of the
standard Apache distribution.

> I've always wondered if it would be possible to add an extra pseudo-phase
> after content generation - kinda so I could set up different <Location>s
> do whatever, then run EVERY request through a process that added
> stylesheets/formatting (and skipped various MIME types, or whatever...)

Looks like you may use Stacked Handlers. (like Apache::Filter) You could
push such a Stacked Handler in an earlier phase (e.g. FixUpHandler) on the
stack, so you don't have to configure it for every Location.

> Maybe the 2.0 filter mechanism will make this easier than now, though

Yes, of course

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151