perl-dev mailing list archives

From Salvador Ortiz Garcia <...@msg.com.mx>
Subject Re: Endless loop in perl_sections (was: cvs commit: modperl/src/modules/perl perl_config.c)
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:27:07 GMT
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Gerald Richter wrote:

> > Before this change, the walking of the %ApacheReadConfig:: namespace
> > populated by a PerlRequire directive was ignored (or delayed).
> >
> > Because the
> >
> >   SVt_PV: $PerlRequire = /opt/symphony/etc/httpd/startup.pl'
> >
> > from your trace I suspect that inside your script, you are PerlRequir'ing
> > it again via an $ApacheReadConfig::PerlRequire.
> >

> No, I don't do that!
>
> > Can I see the relevant part of your config?
> >

> Here is my startup.pl which is loaded via $PerlRequire.

Where is declared that $PerlRequire?

> The
> modules/functions that are called do _nothing_ with the mod_perl config
> (i.e. don't touch the ApacheReadConfig namespace).

Ok, the script seen ok.

> I really don't think it's a fault on my side, but maybe I am wrong...

Before the patch, PerlRequire handling was simply broken (it don't
bootstrap Perl sections), so maybe you were using some kind of "work
arround", I'm really interested in trace this down.

Can you please try this in both perl_cmd_module and perl_cmd_require:

 #ifdef PERL_SECTIONS
 	    else {
-		if(CAN_SELF_BOOT_SECTIONS)
+		if(CAN_SELF_BOOT_SECTIONS && !perl_sections_self_boot)
		    perl_section_self_boot(parms, dummy, arg);
	    }
 #endif

Salvador Ortiz