perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Endless loop in perl_sections (was: cvs commit: modperl/src/modules/perl perl_config.c)
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:08:04 GMT
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Salvador Ortiz Garcia wrote:
> >
> > > Anyway %ApacheReadConfig:: isn't documented in the main docs, and that is
> > > the main reason that many people are using long <Perl>...</Perl>
sections
> > > that can be sustituted by a simple and cleaner "PerlRequire foobar".
> >
> > Just to correct a few points :)
>
> Stas, I'm really appreciate your work in the documentation area, but...

If something is broken it should be fixed, so I'm not trying to claim
something that's there, when it's not. But see below:

> > 1. It's Apache::ReadConfig, not ApacheReadConfig
>
> Sorry, no.

sorry, yes :)

> >From Changes:
>
>   =item 1.07_03 - January 8, 1998
>
> and from perl_config.c:

>   #define PERL_SECTIONS_PACKAGE "ApacheReadConfig"
>
>   and

>   nk = perl_eval_pv("scalar(keys %ApacheReadConfig::);",TRUE);

this is the key

./Apache/Apache.pm:    *Apache::ReadConfig:: = \%ApacheReadConfig::;

> > 2. It's fully documented in the guide:
> > http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#Apache_Configuration_in_Perl
>
> Yes, but with the wrong namespace, not a problem when the user uses only
> <Perl>...</Perl> Sections, but useless for PerlRequire (recently fixed)
> and PerlModule.

Well, why don't you test it? Last time I've tested it - it worked for me.

> > 3. It's mentioned in the Apache::PerlSections module.
>
> Broken, BTW. (fix at the end)

at the end? where?

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/