perl-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Jacobowitz <d...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: uselargefiles
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:30:21 GMT
On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 06:11:51PM -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> the 5.6.0+ uselargefile flags: -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
> are still the source of many core dump reports.  i just committed a patch
> to rip them out by default.  mod_perl does not need them.  but they can be
> turned back on with Makefile.PL PERL_USELARGEFILES=1
>
> i've tested with 5.6.0, 5.7.0-dev, USE_DSO=1, USE_APXS=1 and USE_APACI=1
> all on linux 2.x.  it would be great to hear 'make test' reports with as
> many perls/os-es/options/etc. to ensure no breakage for 1.25 sometime next
> week.  thanks.

I assume that if Apache is built with LFS, we do need them (though I
think apxs will take care of that).  What about if perl is - can we
really get away without not using LFS when perl is?

Debian's spent a couple of weeks tracking down the problems enabling
LFS in apache caused various modules (primarily PHP), and we've gotten
most of them now, so I'd hate to back down again.

Dan