perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Endless loop in perl_sections (was: cvs commit: modperl/src/modules/perl perl_config.c)
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:20:36 GMT

> Where is declared that $PerlRequire?

Inside a Perl section..., so PerlRequire inside the Perl Section triggers
perl_section_self_boot, which calls perl_section, which executes the
PerlRequire inside the Perl section....

I think you see what I mean...

> Can you please try this in both perl_cmd_module and perl_cmd_require:
>
>  #ifdef PERL_SECTIONS
>       else {
> - if(CAN_SELF_BOOT_SECTIONS)
> + if(CAN_SELF_BOOT_SECTIONS && !perl_sections_self_boot)
>     perl_section_self_boot(parms, dummy, arg);
>     }
>  #endif

That seems to be right fix that I was searching for today morning, just
didn't see it. With this change it works :-)

Maybe it would be better to insert a

if(perl_sections_self_boot)
    return ;

at the top of perl_section_self_boot, but I didn't tried that.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151