perl-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: AxKit working on ActivePerl
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:47:56 GMT
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Randy Kobes wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> >  
> > >            and a whole bunch of link problems - it wouldn't seem to link
> > > to ApacheModulePerl.lib, so I had to add every damn .obj file in that
> > > directory (src/modules/ApacheModulePerl/Release) in for it to link to.
> > > After that it worked. Everything seems to run like a charm.

> > The linking problems I also found with libapreq on Win32,
> > on a non-ActiveState build, and I had to do the same thing as you.
> > So it might be worth looking at the build of ApacheModulePerl.lib,
> > to see if this can be fixed there.
> 
> I wonder if its to do with name mangling, because the symbols that were
> missing didn't show up in AMP.lib.
> 
> I didn't have any trouble with libapreq, how odd...
 
When I tried libapreq some time ago the symbols that were
missing also didn't appear in AMP.lib, and so I had to
add in all the .obj files. However, things may have changed 
since then - I'll try it again.

> I'm busy this weekend (wedding), so maybe you could take a look at the
> post-install thing. It works directly from MakeMaker's POST_INSTALL (I
> think thats the right option), and nmake ppd does all the right
> things. Also see NNML's ppd file/distribution, which is where I found out
> you could do that. (NNML is in AS's PPM repository).

I'll do that .... I also noticed that today ActiveState released 
a new build - I'll redo things with this new version.

best regards,
randy



Mime
View raw message