perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Mailing List Archive
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:43:39 GMT
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Sander van Zoest wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Stas Bekman wrote:

> > > Sounds good, but the reason I picked simply perl is because the host
> > > name is perl.apache.org ;-)
> > http://perl.apache.org is self explaining.
> >
> > http://archive.covalent.net/perl is misleading
> > http://archive.covalent.net/mod_perl is self explaining
>
> well. is http://mail-archives.apache.org/perl self-explaining to you?

Yup, very :)

> > > We probably want to move the modperl and modperl-cvs list
> > > under perl.apache.org someday anyways right?
> > It doesn't really matter where you keep the stuff as long as someone is
> > maintaining it.
>
> Well, I am more talking about the actual mailing list itself. Granted I
> can do almost anything on my end, but since the modperl website is at
> http://perl.apache.org/ , I would think moving the mailing list to
> modperl@perl.apache.org would make a lot of sense from an organizational
> perspective.

You are definitely right, but given the fact that things are hardly
maintained on the perl.apache.org, if someone will not take take an
ownership of this task, once something goes wrong it'll stay broken for
years. In addition the search is very essential.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org