perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Mailing List Archive
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:49:20 GMT
On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Sander van Zoest wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	<http://archive.covalent.net/>
>
> sort of says it all;  I kind of took over Dirk's archives at
> <http://xml-archives.webweaving.org> and rewrote them completely in xml/xsl.
>
> Covalent has donated a machine and is willing to supply bandwidth
> and some of my time.
>
> Would you guys a) not get mad at me for snarfing the feather from
> modules.apache.org and b) would it be an idea to link this new
> site from the various apache sites?

Sander,

I'd link from http://perl.apache.org/#maillists, but the main page at
http://archive.covalent.net/ doesn't have a separate entry point for each
list's archive. So it's not user-friendly. Can you have something
like: http://archive.covalent.net/perl/dev/ but with a nice index.html...

Also when the archive is not searchable it's of a little value.

But you are right, we don't have an archive of the dev list, which is
bad... There is a bunch of archives for modperl list, but none for dev :(

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org