perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [book review] the fate of PERL_MARK_WHERE
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:05:49 GMT
What's the fate of PERL_MARK_WHERE build time option? I'm working thru the
mod_perl build options for the book and I wonder whether this one should
be documented or not.

There will be probably more book review questions coming -- please help us
to produce correctly documented things...

Currently the guide says:

=head4 PERL_MARK_WHERE

Generally for C<Apache::Registry> scripts, the reported line number
for warnings and errors that end up in the I<error_log> file is not
correct.  This is due to the fact that C<Apache::Registry>
auto-magically wraps the scripts running under its handler in special
code that enables the caching of the compiled scripts.

If configured with C<PERL_MARK_WHERE=1>, mod_perl will attempt to
compensate for this effect and show the exact line which triggered the
error or warning.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org