perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Line 14 in startup.pl
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 04:48:02 GMT
Hi Doug,

while testing the ActiveState Patches from Randy, I realized that the line
14 in startup.pl

    unshift @INC, split ":", $ENV{PERL5LIB} if $ENV{PERL5LIB};

causes tainting errors when running nmake test on ActiveState Perl (maybe on
any Perl 5.6). For me I get the same results in testing when I remove this
line on all other systems. Currently I don't see for what this line is good
for, but maybe it make sense for some systems.

Do you think we can savely remove this line or must it still be there?

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151