perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Cholet" <cho...@logilune.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Reload
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:58:51 GMT
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > > Is there any interest in incorporating Apache::Reload into mod_perl
> > > core? It seems to offer much more than StatINC, and in only a tiny bit
> > > more code... (I'm not suggesting that this opens any floodgates for other
> > > little modules incorporated into mod_perl, but this one seems globally
> > > applicable, rather than limited to any particular domain).
> >
> > Sounds nice to me. I'd give it a few more days to be tested before
> > releasing it in the mainstream since as you can see a few bugs were
> > spotted, so let's wait before it's polished out. I'm all for innovations,
> > just trying to be cautious you know.
>
> Understood. I believe your co-worker is playing with it as I type :-)

That's right... and it's working just great. One thing I'd like to add,
and I'll send a patch to you soonish if you think it's worthwhile, is
the ability to specify a whole subtree to be reloaded: using ReloadModules
is fine but after a while adding modules to the list gets tedious. In most
cases I want to reload my application modules, and no others.

> > It also depends on when Doug is planning the release of the next version.
> > If it's far away I guess we can put it into the cvs version now, so people
> > will have time to test it.
> >
> > BTW, Matt, you will need a CVS write access then, since if something
> > should be patched you can't do it without the access. You will have to ask
> > Doug to ask Brian to give it to you.
>
> Ugh... Well I don't mind too much, but I'd prefer if someone else did the
> import and submission of patches - I'll just supply diffs if
> necessary. But if it has to be that way then so be it.

I volunteer to do that, since I've already played with the code and sent you
patches :-)

--
Eric