perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT)" <andrew.koebr...@state.mn.us>
Subject RE: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 19:41:13 GMT
Sorry for the misdirected reply.

I have changed all reference from remote_ip  to client_ip in the following Apache::ASP files
on our system:
Load.pm (1 occurrence)
CGI.pm (2 occurrences)
StateManager.pm (3 occurrences)

That seems to have solved the problem.  I  hesitate however to post a patch since this fix
is only good for Apache2.4 and I believe would break instances running on earlier version.
 Perhaps a wiser programmer can add the appropriate server version checks in a conditional
so that it will work appropriately for all versions of Apache.

Thanks again for the reply.  Happy to see that people are still monitoring this list.  Incidentally,
what is the current project home?  http://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-asp or http://www.apache-asp.org/?

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Young [mailto:warren@etr-usa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:15 PM
To: Apache-ASP List
Subject: Re: Problem with Apache::ASP under Apache 2.4

Please send replies to the mailing list, not direct to the one who replied to your post.

On 7/9/2013 15:32, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:

> httpd-2.4 has changed it's API somewhat, the
> Apache2::Connection::remote_ip method is now
> Apache2::Connection::client_ip."

So what happens if you change the reference on line 85 of Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm from
remote_ip to client_ip?  If it works, post a patch and someone with a commit bit will apply
it for you.

And, if there's anyone reading this from the Perl Apache API documentation team, why are the
Apache 2.0 docs still the only ones on your site?