perl-asp mailing list archives

From Arnon Weinberg <ar...@back2front.ca>
Subject Re: Output character encoding
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:28:15 GMT

On 2012-06-05 14:13, Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
>> With my test cases (provided) I have carefully narrowed down the
>> inconsistency to Apache::ASP, since everything else is either not
>> applicable or the same.
>>
> Could you be a bit more specific on this ?

Er, not sure how I can be more specific - the test cases are provided in
my initial post
(http://www.mail-archive.com/asp%40perl.apache.org/msg02662.html), they
don't use a database, web server, or browser, so those can easily be
eliminated as possible culprits.  Ideally, the test cases should speak
for themselves.

> How does file handling come into play here ? Not that it's relevant but
> it works quite the same way as outside of Apache::ASP.

I'm afraid it doesn't, as the test cases clearly demonstrate.  Note:
It's not "file handling", it's PerlIO, which refers to all I/O,
including STDOUT.

> Have a look at Text::Iconv, iconv(1), iconv(3) and friends. Also, Encode.

iconv converts text files, not Perl code - that still requires wetware
as far as I know.  Encode is being used in the test cases, and clearly
messes things up in Apache::ASP.