perl-asp mailing list archives

From Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tcha...@arx.gr>
Subject Re: apache::asp maintenance ,again
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:09:46 GMT
On 14/08/2011 10:43 πμ, Tsirkin Evgeny wrote:
> Hi all.
> Yes ,we are still using the apache::asp ,it is a great peace of software
> after all.
> And we want to thank the original authors for the work they have done.
> Anyway ,it looks like there is not a lot of going on with the module now.
> Still, we are maintaining a very big application that uses it.
> We use perl + Apache::ASP extensively .
> I guess there are others out there in our position.
> Also, It looks like there is a need for at least one patch being applied .
> So ,maybe the original authors want to take the maintenance back?
> Or is there anybody with write permissions on the module in CPAN?
> We don't want any changes etc...  just to make sure that everything works.
> Thanks
> Evgeny

I have numerous fixes for Apache::ASP including the one mentioned here.
I'd gladly pick up maintenance for Apache::ASP if Josh is willing to let
me have it and is actually following this list.
Truth is I haven't heard from him since 20090328 when we were discussing
a generic Apache::Session interface for state management.
I have this thing working in-house but numerous requests for comments on
this very list went unanswered.
I naturally thought Apache::ASP is dead (at least for the rest of the
world) and went along happily using our in-house version.
Said patch is rather large and (at the moment) ugly, but seems to work
just fine.
I also have a patch for geany (version 0.18 sadly) to work with perl
powered asp pages and a wordlist for ultraedit to do the same thing.
So:
- Josh, if you're listening and feel like it, would you please resume
maintaining Apache::ASP ?
- If you are listening but don't care, would you give co-maintainer
status to someone ?
- If neither is happening, we'll either need to fork off some other
namespace or have an unofficial distribution. I did the second one by
accident once and it's not overly complicated, though instead of ``perl
-MCPAN -e'install Apache::ASP''', one would need ``perl -MCPAN
-e'install authors/W/WHOEVER/Apache-ASP-X.Y.Z''' or some such. It's
certainly not the best solution, but it is workable.

Best Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou