perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: SessionSerialize and MaxClients
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:40:16 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:
> If the httpd only serves Apache::ASP requests and SessionSerialize is
> 1, then should MaxClients also be set to 1 to save memory since only
> one script can run at a time anyway?

Hi Philip,

SessionSerialize only serializes access to the $Session object, so you would
want to have at least as many MaxClients as there are possible concurrent
web clients you want to support.

I think instead if you did something like $Application->Lock in Script_OnStart,
that would create a situation more what you are talking about where you would
then only need MaxClients of 1 or 2, but I would still have it higher in that
case to deal with bandwidth limited web clients that tie up the httpd process
for longer than the script takes to execute.

Regards,

Josh