perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Problem With global.asa i think <-- Sorry, im stupid
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:56:40 GMT
explodingjam wrote:
> I am desperately trying to setup a webapp called webtime written in
> Apache::ASP
>
> I have set up and installed mod_perl and Apache::ASP on apache 1.3
> and installed the webapp itself. I can see the .asp pages with no
> embedded code ok, but almost none of the embedded code in the app
> will run - i just get the dreaded 'internal server error'.
> I don't know much at all about Apache::ASP but i'm under the
> impression that this could be of interest to you :

I have not set up WebTime before, but whenever working with an open source
project, be very careful to follow the installation instructions 100%.
I would start from scratch if I were you, and go step by step.

Also, since these problems are specific to webtime likely, then you should
email the webtime project mailing list/project leaders for advice.

Short of this, I would really need to do the installation myself of
webtime to help you, but I do know that if you do not have things like
the installation location correct, the httpd.conf / .htaccess files
installed correctly, and the global.asa working, then none of the
rest will matter.

With regards to whether you have Apache::ASP itself set up correctly,
it seems that way at first glance, but you would not know that for
sure until you got the examples at ./site/eg working from Apache::ASP.

Regards,

Josh