perl-asp mailing list archives

From Tim Pushor <t...@crossthread.com>
Subject Re: Printer friendly output
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:59:41 GMT
Yeah thats what I was thinking.

The overhead could be significant depending on how you do it. If a less
sophisticated print form is required, you would be better off with the
other suggestion (CSS/XSLT) which would get the browser to do the
majority of the work.

In my case, the print forms were used as the 'official' invoices and
reports and thus needed to look as such.

My approach to fill out postscript forms the pass them off to
ghostscript was easy on the web server, but of course tough on the
print/fax engine.

If I were to do this today, I would look into the perl PDF generation stuff.

Tim