perl-asp mailing list archives

From Tim Pushor <t...@crossthread.com>
Subject Re: Printer friendly output
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:42:05 GMT
Chris,

I would look into making a PDF.

I have done something similar - a customer once wanted to be able to
print or fax invoices from a web form, so I filled in postscript
templates, and sent to mgetty+sendfax (via ghostscript) or to a local
printer.

This was a while ago.

Now, I would certainly look into PDF generation (in fact, I plan on in
the near future). There are C libraries and perl modules that will allow
you to generate PDF's. This is (IMO) The ultimate in creating print
ready forms.

Tim